Tuesday 6 February 2018

I Muse... On Retail Therapy

My cyber-presence has been pretty limited of late due to some overwhelming personal issues. But I'm still here and will continue my blogging as much as I possibly can. 

Yesterday to take my mind off things I decided on a bit of retail-therapy and had a bit of a browse on Delcampe. I found several nice additions to my Decaris collection and I thought I'd share them here with my fellow Decaris addicts. The images are of course not mine so they aren't of the greatest quality, but they serve the purpose of a sneak peak  of what might be in store for you this year in Albert Decaris Stamps!

***

First up is a set from Cameroun, issued in 1964 for the Tropics Cup Games.


***

The next stamp is also from Cameroun and also issued n 1964. A stunning Rhino. I may at some point do a comparison between the rhino of Gandon and the rhino of Decaris. Could be fun.


***

Next up is a set of five from Senegal, issued in 1961, showcasing sporting competition.


***

My last purchase yesterday was a set of four from Ivory Coast, issued in 1961.


***

So what do you think? I'm personally really looking forward to adding these lovely stamps to my collection and doing some hi-res scans of them to celebrate their true majesty!

Oh, yesterday I also placed a bid on a pair of Decaris engraved airmail stamps from Dahomey, issued in 1960. Here's hoping I win this pair for the minimum bid!


Until next time (very soon, I hope)...


No comments:

Post a Comment